I recently found out that someone has finally made a movie about a test manager. What could be more dramatic and poignant than testing on a high pressure projec?
Oddly though the movie is a comedy that is apparently based on fact. “The Pentagon Wars” is about the testing of the “Bradley fighting vehicle” and has a familiar plot to testers:
- The PM wants to “smooth over” flaws during testing prior to going live.
- The test manager wants to stop the product being shipped as a deathtrap.
The only quote I have is from the “PIR”. Burton is the test manager being referred to and Partridge is the PM who is responding to questions.
- Major General Partridge: Just because the tests didn’t turn out the way Colonel Burton thought they would, was no reason to suspect there was anything devious going on.
- Madame Chairwoman: I ask you General, filling the fuel tanks with WATER before a test to check the combustibility of those tanks, that wasn’t devious?
- Major General Partridge: If the tanks had been filled with fuel, there’s a good chance the vehicle would have exploded.
- Congressman #1: Isn’t that the point?
- Major General Partridge: If the vehicle had exploded, we wouldn’t be able to run additional tests!
Has anyone seen the movie, or found a similar one on BAs or project managers?
Posted by James King